What does it mean to be a Member of the Museum?
It’s never been a better time to join the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! As a Museum Member, you participate in a wide range of benefits, while supporting your local community museum. You can also make a one-time donation to the Museum any time.
Annual Membership Levels and Benefits – Join or Renew Now!
- Student/Senior ($15) Free year-round admission to the Museum for one adult, discounts on Museum programs, invitations to Members-only preview exhibitions and receptions, subscription to e-newsletter, use of Museum library (by appointment) and a 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Store.
- Individual Membership ($35) In addition to the Student/Senior Member benefits, one single-use guest pass.
- Family Membership ($50) In addition to the Individual Member benefits, free admission to the Museum for two adults, two single-use guest passes, and discounts on Spring and Summer Camps.
- Friend Membership ($100) In addition to the Family Member benefits, participation in the ASTC Passport Program as of May 1, 2017, granting free reciprocal admission to participating science centers & museums nationwide. (For a list of participating museums and exclusions, visit the ASTC Passport Program.) Friend Members also receive an invitation to our exclusive Annual Patrons’ Reception in the spring.
- Pat & Kirk Smith Club ($250) In addition to the Friend Member benefits, an invitation to additional VIP Club events throughout the year, and recognition on our website (if desired).
- Humphrey Pilkington Club ($500) In addition to the Pat & Kirk Smith Club Member benefits, a 20% discount on purchases at the Museum Store during promotional events, such as our Holiday Sale in early December.
- Laura Hecox Club ($1,000) In addition to the Humphrey Pilkington Club Member benefits, a private Museum Tour with the Executive Director and Club Member spotlight on our website (if desired).
Members’ dues help further our mission to connect people with nature and inspire stewardship of the natural world. Our activities include:
- Gathering, preserving and promoting natural history collections
- Dynamic natural history exhibits throughout the year
- Offering free or low-cost guided Museum tours and hands-on environmental science education in local green spaces for school groups
- Educational Kit loan program for schools
- Providing lectures and workshops for lifelong learners with world-class speakers, researchers, and artists
- Year-round family events
- Nature-based spring and summer camps for youth
- Community partnerships with local nonprofits
Join or renew online! You may also stop by the Museum to join during regular business hours, or call the Development Manager at (831) 420-6115 x 14.
Contributions to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History, a 501(c)3 organization, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. SCMNH tax ID: 94-2427733.