What happens to recyclables after we throw them “away”? Visit the recycling facility at Dimeo Lane and see with your own eyes what happens to the 30 to 50 tons of material that Santa Cruzans place into their blue recycle bins EACH DAY. Learn more about what is and isn’t recyclable, and why it is important to avoid “Wish-Cycling”. Witness the sorting machines in action, see a mountain of scrap metal, and learn about the facility’s Household Hazardous waste program. This tour is a must-see for individuals who want to gain a better understanding about the importance of reducing our waste.
Friday, October 13, 2023
Free for Members | Not yet a Member? Join today!
This program has reached capacity. Email email@example.com to be added to a waitlist, or set-up your own free tour through the Resource Recovery Facility.
This program is in support of the new exhibit Underground: Unearthing Unseen Worlds. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, accommodation requests, or if you have trouble registering. Members must be logged in to register.
- Children must be at least 8 years old to attend.
- Location details shared upon registration.
- All must wear close toed shoes and long pants for safety reasons.
- Part of the tour will be outside, so be prepared for the weather of the day.
- Please leave your pets at home.