Nerd out on your night out during special after hours events every First Friday. Free admission all day, with special outdoor festivities 5-8 p.m.🍻💥
October’s First Friday is the opening event for the new exhibit, Maritime Mysteries and Monsters. Explore the scary side of the sea through nautical activities guided by local ocean experts:
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
Black Surf Club
Mehta Lab at UC Santa Cruz
Plankton Monitoring Group
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Save the Waves
Food from Areperia 831 and Surfin Turf Food Truck
Friday, October 7, 2022
Location: Outside the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- Drop-by anytime 5-8 p.m. to join the festivities
- Admission to the Museum is free all day from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Follow the latest guidelines for covid safety.
- Restrooms and water fountains are available inside the Museum.
- Activities will be on somewhat lumpy grass.
- Dress for a cool coastal evening.