Saturday, May 8 | 10 a.m. to noon
Location: Mima Meadow
Member Exclusive |Register
Member Meet-Ups are small group get-togethers for Museum Members where we learn from each other while exploring Santa Cruz’s diverse natural spaces. Not yet a Member? Join today!
Spring is in full swing in Santa Cruz! Some may say that wildflower season begins to wind down in May, but thats also when we start to see some exciting species like the yellow mariposa lily (Calochortus luteus).
For this month’s Member Meet-Up, we will be on the hunt for many of our area’s most sought after wildflowers, from the harlequin lotus (Hosackia gracilis) to the Monterey mariposa lily (Calochortus uniflorus). Please review the following details prior to registering:
- Wear a mask at all times
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Maintain at least six feet of distance from others
- We are limiting the number of Members who can join us to 15 individuals
What to expect
- Further instructions will be shared upon registration.
- Member Meet-Ups are more focused on shared exploration and less on downloading a bunch of information. We promise friendly (masked) faces, an abundance of enthusiasm, resources to aid in identifications, and a fun morning exploring nature.
Resources for further exploration
- Cyclists Guide to the Wildflowers of Santa Cruz
- Guide to the Museum’s Garden Learning Center
- Plant section of our Online Store