Get to know Santa Cruz’s WILD SIDE at the Museum of Natural History. Nerd out on your night out during monthly after hours events, featuring rotating themes, vendors, and activities. Free admission to the Museum all day 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., with special outdoor festivities 5-8 p.m.
July’s First Friday event celebrates the sea! Join local community groups that protect our marine environment, steward the coast, and share the wonders of the ocean. Enjoy free admission to our new exhibit The Inner Lives of Shells. Play, learn, eat, drink, shop, and be merry.
Friday, July 7, 2023
Location: Outside the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
Eleanor Castro, Amah Mutsun Elder and artist
Black Surf Club Santa Cruz
Save The Waves
Plankton Monitoring Group
Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center
City of Santa Cruz Recycling Center
Rachel Kippen, ocean advocate and artist
Kiwi Cyr, artist
Nicholas Ta, artist
- Drop-by anytime 5-8 p.m. to join the festivities!
- Admission to the Museum is free all day from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Follow the latest guidelines for for covid safety.
- Restrooms and water fountains are available inside the Museum.
- Artist booths and activities will be on somewhat lumpy grass.