Build your own sand castle at Castle Beach! Join the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History for August’s Family Fun event where we’ll play on the beach, learn about the science of sand, and use recycled materials to re-create our own versions of the historical Scholl Marr Castle, which used to stand at the entrance of what is known today as Seabright Beach.
Space is limited, so register in advance for this afternoon of free family fun. Location details shared upon registration.
Saturday, August 13, 2022
10 a.m. to noon
Free! Donations Appreciated
- Be prepared to walk on loose sandy soil.
- Restrooms are available at the beach and inside the Museum.
- Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend that everyone wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle.
- All ages are welcome, but this program is particularly well suited for elementary aged children and their families.
- Follow the latest guidelines for COVID safety at the time of the event.