Celebrate Santa Cruz’s first museum on its 117th birthday! Join the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History for a festive day of fun activities, games, and treats connecting you with nature and science in honor of the Museum’s long history serving Santa Cruz, and its exciting future.
Free admission to the Museum all day, with outdoor festivities 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Giant bubbles
- Make your own kite
- Special collections
- Rock ID station with local geologists
- Santa Cruz Public Libraries
- Wilder Ranch State Park
- Friends of Juristac
- Food from Areperia 831 and Penny Ice Creamery
Sunday, August 21, 2022
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Outside the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- Drop-by anytime 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to join the festivities!
- Admission to the Museum is free all day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Parking is free throughout the neighborhood. Permits required on the right side of the Museum block of Pilkington Ave. Event attendees can receive permits at the info booth.
- Follow the latest guidelines for covid safety.
- Restrooms and water fountains are available inside the Museum.
- Activities will be on somewhat lumpy grass.