Join us for the largest volunteer event in the country! California Coastal Cleanup Day welcomes more than 60,000 volunteers who will pick up hundreds of thousands of pounds of trash and recyclables from beaches, lakes, and waterways each year.
Help preserve wildlife by taking trash out of the environment. Volunteer alongside your families, friends, coworkers, scout troops, school groups, and service clubs. Thanks to Save Our Shores, we’ll provide everything you need to clean Seabright Beach safely and effectively.
Saturday, September 18 |9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: Seabright Beach
Walk-ups are welcome. You can check-in starting at 9 a.m. at the entrance to Seabright Beach. All materials should be returned before 12 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We will meet you at the entrance to Seabright Beach (by the gate). Parking is available throughout the neighborhood.Restrooms are available at the beach
- We recommend that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle.
- All cleanup materials are provided, including trash bags, grabbers, and disposable gloves. Volunteers are also encouraged to bring their own.
- You can download the Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) in advance of the cleanup and use it to record the debris you collect, or you can use the paper data cards that we will provide at the event.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Every participant must complete 3 waivers. We will have waivers available the day of but we encourage participants to complete this paperwork in advance to save time.
- Please wear a mask if not vaccinated
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Gloves should be worn at all times
- Participants should not pick up Personal Protective Equipment unless you can do so safely with a grabber and separate disposable bag
If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.