The situation is evolving and new cases are discovered daily which can heighten concerns. As part of our best practices, we are monitoring directions from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health as well as local guidance from Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency.
Ways to Keep Yourself and Your Family Healthy From the Coronavirus:
- Comply with the mandatory shelter-in-place order.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth or nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. The World Health Organization suggests maintaining at least 6 feet of space between yourself and an ill person, or someone who is coughing and sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crook of your arm when sneezing or coughing. Dispose of tissue after use.
- Stay home and away from others if you or your family members are feeling ill.