This event will only occur if Santa Cruz County is removed from the regional Stay-at-Home order. You can read the full order here.
Saturday, February 20| 10 a.m. to noon
Every third Saturday at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
It’s time to get your hands dirty! We’re excited to relaunch Saturdays in the Soil, a monthly volunteer program in our native plant garden. Learn about local ecology, native plants, and sustainable gardening while coming together as a community (in a physically distanced manner!) to steward Tyrrell Park through the City’s Adopt-A-Park program.
Space is limited and RSVPs are required.Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
What to Expect
- This native plant garden requires general landscaping, occasional watering, weeding, and replanting.
- All ages are welcome; children under 14 require adult supervision.
- Masks are required at all times
- You are encouraged to bring your own gloves (though this is not required)
- Limited to 12 volunteers
- RSVP required
- Check-in at the amphitheater
- Upon arrival an orientation will be provided by staff:
- Covid safety: temperature check, waiver, distancing overview
- Project details
- Native plant enrichment
- Note about state restrictions: If our region remains on the Governor’s Stay-at-Home order, we will need to cancel this event.