Explore the nature of Santa Cruz — wherever you are! Connect with local experts and join your community in deepening understanding about nature, science, and stewardship online and in-person. Stay updated about upcoming events by signing up for our newsletter.
- 9/15 Volunteer OrientationInterested in building community and connecting with nature? Volunteer with the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! Join us for our fall Volunteer Orientation to get started. You’ll explore opportunities, learn … Read more
- 9/18 Saturdays in the SoilIt’s time to get your hands dirty! Learn about local ecology, native plants, and sustainable gardening while coming together as a community to steward Tyrrell Park through the City’s Adopt-A-Park program. … Read more
- 9/18 Annual Coastal Cleanup DayJoin us for the largest volunteer event in the country! California Coastal Cleanup Day welcomes more than 60,000 volunteers who will pick up hundreds of thousands of pounds of trash and … Read more
- 9/24-9/25 Sea Otter Week Pop-UpSwing by Lighthouse Point along West Cliff Dr. in Santa Cruz to spot sea otters with the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! Get a closer look at our furry friends from afar … Read more
- FULL 9/25 Member Meet-Up: Coastal Geology Stroll at Seabright Beach with Frank PerryGeology is often considered a slow process, but along the coast of Santa Cruz, geologic processes are actively changing the landscape before our eyes. Join us for a stroll along Seabright … Read more
- 10/8 Member Exhibit Opening for Seeds: Nature’s Artful EngineeringJoin us for a Member-exclusive opening reception in celebration of our new exhibit Seeds: Nature’s Artful Engineering! We’re planning a festive experience outside in the park with opportunities for indoor exploration … Read more