Explore the nature of Santa Cruz — wherever you are! Connect with local experts and join your community in deepening understanding about nature, science, and stewardship online and in-person. Stay updated about upcoming events by signing up for our newsletter.
- 6/8 Volunteer OrientationBuild community and connect with nature! Join us for our summer Volunteer Orientation to explore opportunities, learn about the Museum, and connect with fellow nature … Read more
- FULL 6/10 Member Meet-Up: Tide Pools with Mike Grone and Alexii SigonaExplore the tide pools through the lens of Indigenous connections and stewardship with archaeologist Mike Grone and Amah Mutsun tribal member Alexii Sigona. … Read more
- 6/10 Rockin’ Pop-Up: Geology ID Day at the MuseumGrab your favorite rocks and swing by the Museum for the return of our popular Rockin’ Pop-Up! Gavin and Jessica from UC Santa … Read more
- 6/14 Nature Journal StudioNature journaling can help us view the natural world with new perspectives, learn about our surroundings, and see the extraordinary in the ordinary. … Read more
- 6/15 BIPOC BonfiresBe in community for monthly bonfire talks at Seabright Beach led by local leaders of color, in partnership with County Park Friends. June’s … Read more
- 6/17 Saturdays in the SoilWe are coming together as a community to steward Tyrrell Park through the City’s Adopt-A-Park program. At the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural … Read more
- 6/24 Summer Kick-Off FestivalCelebrate summer in Santa Cruz! This annual festival promises to be a day of nature-filled family fun — both out in the sunshine … Read more
- 7/7 First Friday After Hours | High Tides and Good VibesGet to know Santa Cruz’s WILD SIDE at the Museum of Natural History. Nerd out on your night out during monthly after hours events, featuring … Read more
- 8/9 Nature Journal StudioNature journaling can help us view the natural world with new perspectives, learn about our surroundings, and see the extraordinary in the ordinary. … Read more
Upcoming Nature Club Events
Nature Club takes young explorers (6th-8th grade) into local habitats to learn about the amazing living world around us while making discoveries along the way. Learn more.
- 5/6 Nature Club: Neary Lagoon – A Living NurserySpringtime at Neary Lagoon means one thing – baby waterbirds! Neary Lagoon is home to lots of newly hatched bird life, and we can observe hatchling ducks, grebes, coots, and more … Read more
- 6/10 Nature Club: Moore Creek Preserve and Summer StartupKick off the beginning of summer with an awesome visit to the Moore Creek Preserve, exploring different communities found in one of our best local habitats. Birds, deer, coyotes, rabbits, and … Read more