Explore the nature of Santa Cruz — wherever you are! Connect with local experts and join your community in deepening understanding about nature, science, and stewardship online and in-person. Stay updated about upcoming events by signing up for our newsletter.
- 5/21 Member Meet-Up: Insects with Dr. Peter OboyskiExplore Pogonip park alongside Dr. Peter Oboyski, Executive Director of the Essig Museum of Entomology at UC Berkeley, as we search for insects, spiders, and other hidden gems of Santa Cruz’s … Read more
- 5/21 Saturdays in the SoilIt’s time to get your hands dirty! Learn about local ecology, native plants, and sustainable gardening while coming together as a community to steward Tyrrell Park through the City’s Adopt-A-Park program. … Read more
- 5/24 Field Biology and Art: Snakes, Frogs, and Psychedelic Bioscapes with Kevin WisemanScience and art have a very old and interesting relationship, with each informing and inspiring the other. In this talk, Kevin Wiseman, featured artist in 2022’s The Art of Nature exhibit, … Read more
- 5/28 Seabright Beach CleanupHelp preserve wildlife by taking trash out of the environment. Volunteer alongside your community to keep our beaches and bay clean this Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to Save Our Shores, we’ll provide … Read more
- 6/3 First Friday: The Art of NatureFirst Fridays are back at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! Join us for monthly after hours events on the First Friday of the month. Enjoy free admission 11 a.m. … Read more
- 6/4 Family Fun with Sun Prints!As we get closer to the summer solstice, the sun becomes higher in the sky for longer each day, making it the perfect time to play with sun prints! We’ll try … Read more
- 6/8 Nature Journal StudioNature journaling can help us view the natural world with new perspectives, learn about our surroundings, and see the extraordinary in the ordinary. During monthly Nature Journal Studio sessions inside the … Read more
- 6/11 Member Meet-Up: Bonny Doon Ecological ReserveThe Bonny Doon Ecological Reserve is an example of the unique Santa Cruz sandhills habitat and home to many of our local rare plants. It has also experienced multiple fire events since 2008, … Read more
- 6/19 Fall Creek After Fire: Exploring the CZU Burn Zone with State Parks
- 6/25 Summer Kick-Off FestivalEnjoy free admission to the Museum and outdoor festivities! Celebrate and learn with live animals from Wildlife Education & Rehabilitation Center, live music from Andy Z, food trucks, nature crafts, science activities, … Read more
- 7/10 Fall Creek After Fire: Exploring the CZU Burn Zone with State Parks
- 8/14 Fall Creek After Fire: Exploring the CZU Burn Zone with State Parks
Upcoming Nature Club Events
Nature Club takes young explorers (6th-8th grade) into local habitats to learn about the amazing living world around us while making discoveries along the way. Learn more.
- 6/4 Nature Club: Moore Creek Preserve and Summer StartupKick off the beginning of summer with an awesome visit to the Moore Creek Preserve, exploring different communities found in one of our best local habitats during this month’s Nature Club … Read more