Thank you for sending us your sea monster!
Follow us on social media to see if your submission will be featured.
Maritime Mysteries and Monsters Events
- Santa Cruz Sea Monsters with Geoffrey Dunn (recording)Santa Cruz has a long history of fishing lore, including the legend of the “Old Man of the Monterey Bay.” Geoffrey Dunn is a fourth-generation member of the Santa Cruz Italian … Read more
- 10/20 Listening to Oceanic Giants with MBARISound travels powerfully in the sea, carrying a wealth of information about the oceanic environment and its sound-producing inhabitants. Some of this wealth has been captured in 7 years of continuous sound … Read more
- 10/22 Family Fun: Pumpkin Carving!‘Tis the season for pumpkin carving! BYOP (bring your own pumpkin) or purchase one from us as we create nature-inspired jack-o-lanterns using templates from the natural history museum. Carving materials will … Read more
- 2022 Museum of the MacabreThank you to the many community members who joined us for the 6th annual Museum of the Macabre! You can peruse photos from the event here. Come in costume and imbibe … Read more
- Contest | We’re Searching For Sea MonstersIn honor of the new exhibit, Maritime Mysteries and Monsters, we’re searching for sea monsters! Share your photos, videos, artwork, or stories spotlighting the scary side of the sea. One lucky … Read more