What does it mean to be a Member of the Museum?
It’s never been a better time to join the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! As a Museum Member, you participate in a wide range of benefits, while supporting your local community museum. You can also make a one-time donation to the Museum any time.
Annual Membership Levels and Benefits – Join or Renew Now!
All Museum Members receive free year-round admission to the Museum for one adult, discounts on Museum programs, invitations to Members-only events, subscription to our e-newsletter, and a 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Store.
- Friend Membership ($100) In addition to the Family Member benefits, participation in the ASTC Passport Program, granting free reciprocal admission to participating science centers & museums nationwide. (For a list of participating museums and exclusions, visit the ASTC Passport Program.) Friend Members also receive an invitation to our exclusive Annual Patrons’ Reception in the spring.
- Family Membership ($50) In addition to the Individual Member benefits, free admission to the Museum for two adults, two single-use guest passes, and discounts on Spring and Summer Camps.
- Individual Membership ($35) In addition to the standard benefits, one single-use guest pass.
- Student/Senior ($15) Standard benefits.
Join the Club!
Club Members receive enhanced recognition and special access to the Museum.
- Pat & Kirk Smith Club ($250) In addition to the Friend Member benefits, an invitation to additional VIP Club events throughout the year, and recognition in our Annual Report (if desired).
- Humphrey Pilkington Club ($500) In addition to the Pat & Kirk Smith Club Member benefits, a 20% discount on purchases at the Museum Store during promotional events, such as our Holiday Sale in early December.
- Laura Hecox Club ($1,000) In addition to the Humphrey Pilkington Club Member benefits, a private guided tour of the Museum for you and up to 4 guests.
- Lightkeeper Society (with confirmation of a planned gift) Laura Hecox Club level benefits.
Members’ dues help further our mission to connect people with nature and inspire stewardship of the natural world. Your membership supports:
- Gathering, preserving and promoting natural history collections
- Dynamic natural history exhibits throughout the year
- Offering free or low-cost guided Museum tours and hands-on environmental science education in local green spaces for school groups
- Educational Kit loan program for schools
- Providing lectures and workshops for lifelong learners with world-class speakers, researchers, and artists
- Year-round family events
- Nature-based spring and summer camps for youth
- Community partnerships with local nonprofits
Join or renew online! You may also stop by the Museum to join during regular business hours, or call the Membership Manager at (831) 420-6115 x 14.
Contributions to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. SCMNH tax ID: 94-2427733.