What does it mean to be a Member of the Museum?
It’s never been a better time to join the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History! As a Museum Member, you participate in a wide range of benefits, while supporting a community resource. You can also make a one-time donation to the Museum any time.
Standard Membership Benefits
All Museum Members receive free admission to the Museum for one adult, discounts on Museum programs, invitations to Members-only events, subscription to our e-newsletter, and a 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Store.
|Level||Price||Free Admission||Store Discount||Program Discount||Exhibit Openings||Guest Passes||Camp Discount||ASTC Passport||Patrons Reception||Club Level Events|
|Pat & Kirk Smith Club||$250||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Humphrey Pilkington Club||$500||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Laura Hecox Club||$1000||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
Annual Membership Levels and Benefits
- Friend Membership | $100 Family level benefits plus participation in the ASTC Passport Program, granting free reciprocal admission to participating science centers & museums nationwide. (For a list of participating museums and exclusions, visit the ASTC Passport Program.) Friend Members also receive an invitation to our exclusive Annual Patrons’ Reception in the spring.
- Family Membership | $50 Standard benefits plus free admission to the Museum for two adults, two single-use guest passes, and discounts on Spring and Summer Camps.
- Individual Membership | $35 In addition to the standard benefits, one single-use guest pass.
- Student/Senior | $15 Standard benefits.
Join the Club! Club Members receive enhanced recognition and special access to the Museum.
- Pat & Kirk Smith Club | $250 Friend level benefits plus an invitation to additional VIP Club events throughout the year, and recognition in our Annual Report (if desired).
- Humphrey Pilkington Club | $500 Friend level benefits plus a 20% discount on purchases at the Museum Store during promotional events, such as our Holiday Sale in early December.
- Laura Hecox Club | $1,000 Friend level benefits plus a private guided tour of the Museum for you and up to 4 guests.
- Lightkeeper Society (with confirmation of a planned gift) Laura Hecox Club level benefits.
Join or renew online! Other ways to join or renew: stop by the Museum to join during regular business hours, call the Museum at (831) 420-6115, or send a check to 1305 East Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95062.
Give the gift of Membership! Share your love of nature with friends and family through the purchase of a gift membership. Let us know how we can make your gift special.
Member dues help further our mission to connect people with nature and science to inspire stewardship of the natural world. Your membership supports:
- Gathering, preserving and promoting natural history collections
- Dynamic natural history exhibits throughout the year
- Free or low-cost guided Museum tours and hands-on science education in local green spaces for school groups
- Educational Kit loan program for schools
- Free educational field trips and resources for local schools
- Providing lectures and workshops for lifelong learners with world-class speakers, researchers, and artists
- Year-round family events
- Nature-based spring and summer camps for youth
- Community partnerships with local nonprofits
Contributions to the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. SCMNH tax ID: 94-2427733.