Explore the nature of Santa Cruz — wherever you are! Connect with local experts and join your community in deepening understanding about nature, science, and stewardship online and in-person. Stay updated about upcoming events by signing up for our newsletter.
- 12/2 & 12/3 Holiday SaleShop local this holiday season and find unique gifts for natural history fans of all ages. The Museum Store carries a variety of educational and fun gifts, including one-of-a-kind items from … Read more
- 12/9 Mushroom MarketIt’s mushroom season! Join local fungiphiles at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History for a mushroom market just in time for the Holidays. Stock up on mushroom-themed gifts, explore a display … Read more
- 1/12-1/14 50th Anniversary Santa Cruz Fungus FairThe wait is over! After a three-year hiatus, we are thrilled to announce that the Santa Cruz Fungus Fair is returning to London Nelson this January. The Museum is proud to … Read more
Want to know more about our events or share your suggestions about potential topics? Email us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Nature Club Events
Nature Club takes young explorers (6th-8th grade) into local habitats to learn about the amazing living world around us while making discoveries along the way. Learn more.
- 11/11 Nature Club: Neary Lagoon and Migratory MadnessNeary Lagoon in the autumn is full of life! Migratory birds seek food and shelter in large numbers and provide excellent opportunities to study them up close. The Museum will provide … Read more
- 1/20 Nature Club: Museum Deep DiveJoin us to explore specimens from the Museum and visit Seabright Beach. The Museum’s extensive collection of fossils, shells, animal specimens, and more allow us to investigate nature up close and … Read more
- 2/11 Nature Club: Finding Fungus at PogonipWe will explore the forests and trails of Pogonip, traversing about 3 miles of trails. The great variety of trees in these forests supports a huge amount of fungal life. Learn … Read more