Explore the nature of Santa Cruz — wherever you are! Connect with local experts and join your community in deepening understanding about nature, science, and stewardship online and in-person. Stay updated about upcoming events by signing up for our newsletter.
- 9/21 BIPOC BonfiresBe in community for monthly bonfire talks at Seabright Beach led by local leaders of color, in partnership with County Park Friends. September’s conversation will be facilitated by County Park Friends … Read more
- 9/23 Coastal Cleanup Day at Seabright BeachJoin us for the largest volunteer event in the country! California Coastal Cleanup Day welcomes more than 60,000 volunteers who will pick up hundreds of thousands of pounds of trash and recyclables … Read more
- 10/6 First Friday After Hours | UndergroundOctober’s First Friday celebrates the opening of the new exhibit Underground: Unearthing Unseen Worlds. Dig into the mysterious creatures, caverns, and curiosities of the underground that sometimes inspire fear, but are … Read more
- 10/7 Family Fun with Fossils!Dig into the fascinating world of fossils during this month’s Family Fun day at the Museum! We’ll explore ancient whales from millions of years ago and dig for fossil shark teeth, while practicing being paleontologists. … Read more
- 10/11 Nature Journal StudioNature journaling can help us view the natural world with new perspectives, learn about our surroundings, and see the extraordinary in the ordinary. During Nature Journal Studio sessions at the Museum, … Read more
- 10/12 Caves and Climate Change with Jessica Oster | Online TalkThe Santa Cruz Mountains are full of limestone caves that hold many secrets, including records of our climate past. Join Dr. Jessica Oster for an exploration into White Moon Cave where … Read more
- 10/13 Member Meet-Up: Resource Recovery Center TourWhat happens to recyclables after we throw them “away”? Visit the recycling facility at Dimeo Lane and see with your own eyes what happens to the 30 to 50 tons of … Read more
- 10/21 Santa Cruz Kangaroo Rat Walk with Matt Sharp ChaneyNeither a kangaroo nor a rat, the rare Santa Cruz kangaroo rat (Dipodomys venustus venustus) is closely related to gophers and chipmunks and made big news early this summer. Santa Cruz … Read more
- 10/21 Saturdays in the SoilWe are coming together as a community to steward Tyrrell Park through the City’s Adopt-A-Park program. At the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History, you gain new wisdom about local ecology, … Read more
- Museum of the Macabre 2023Come in costume and imbibe cauldron-concocted cocktails while exploring the chasms of the world beneath our feet. The seventh annual Museum of the Macabre will be bigger than ever with freakish … Read more
- 11/2 Naturalist Night | Animals Underground: The Burrowing and Cave Dwelling Creatures of the Santa Cruz Mountains with Matt Sharp Chaney and Alex JonesBeneath our feet is a world of creatures seldom seen. Join local experts for this set of short presentations at the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History exploring the mysteries of … Read more
Want to know more about our events or share your suggestions about potential topics? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Nature Club Events
Nature Club takes young explorers (6th-8th grade) into local habitats to learn about the amazing living world around us while making discoveries along the way. Learn more.
Check back for upcoming events.
- 11/11 Nature Club: Neary Lagoon and Migratory MadnessNeary Lagoon in the autumn is full of life! Migratory birds seek food and shelter in large numbers and provide excellent opportunities to study them up close. The Museum will provide … Read more