From rediscovered family photos to contemporary takes on unprecedented times, pictures taken for all kinds of purposes illuminate our collective understanding of the changing world around us. This month we investigate and celebrate the capacity of photography to shape our relationship with nature, from our foundational collections to our current exhibits.
- Collections Close-Up Blog: Foundational Photographs
- 2020 Vision virtual photography exhibit
- Data is Not the Destination lecture about community science with Christian Schwarz
- Bridges of Santa Cruz County by Gary Griggs
- Santa Cruz Coast Now and Then by Gary Griggs
- Dissecting “Jumbo” A Picture Postcard History by Frank Perry MAH Online History Journal
- From Natural Bridges to Bird Rock: An Exploration Through Vintage Postcards and Photographs by Frank Perry, MAH Online History Journal
- The Vue de L’eau: Vacation Hot Spot and Home of Many Arches by Julia Gaudinski
About the series: Zoom into the stories, secrets, and science of our collections during monthly webinars with Collections Manager Kathleen Aston. This live event is an extension of our monthly Collections Close-Up blog, with added insights and intrigue. Members are invited to participate in this program before it is made available to the general public as well as ask questions directly of Kathleen.
Not yet a Member? Join today!