Explore the role of fire on our landscape through a series of programs that invite our community to reflect on the CZU Lightning Complex fires of August 2020, while learning about proactive steps being taken throughout the County to manage the landscape both for and with fire. Explore fire resources from past events here.
- 8/4 First Friday After Hours | FireGet to know Santa Cruz’s WILD SIDE at the Museum of Natural History. Nerd out on your night out during monthly after hours events, … Read more
- 8/5 CZU and You: Henry CowellHenry Cowell Redwoods State Park has implemented a new prescribed burn program that allows community members to actively participate in forest management … Read more
- Naturalist Night: Reintroducing Fire (watch recording)Fire is a natural part of the California landscape and plays an integral role in our local ecology. For millennia, Indigenous communities … Read more
- FULL 8/12 CZU and You: Big BasinJoin State Park Interpreter Susan Blake for a guided experience in Big Basin Redwoods State Park. Established in 1902, Big Basin Redwoods … Read more
- FULL 8/19 CZU and You: San Vicente RedwoodsSan Vicente Redwoods is the largest privately-held redwood forest in the Santa Cruz mountains, protected by an unprecedented coalition of land trust … Read more
- 8/26 CZU and You: Fall CreekJoin the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History for a guided walk of the Fall Creek Unit of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in partnership with … Read more