The world beneath our feet is often rooted in our greatest fears. It teems with life, is the keeper of death, and tells the earth’s history. What mark have we made on the underground landscape and what stories will it tell future generations?
Dig into this special exhibit as part of our annual Museum of the Macabre celebration.
- 10/6 First Friday After Hours | UndergroundOctober’s First Friday celebrates the opening of the new exhibit Underground: Unearthing Unseen Worlds. Dig into the mysterious creatures, … Read more
- 10/7 Family Fun with Fossils!Dig into the fascinating world of fossils during this month’s Family Fun day at the Museum! We’ll explore ancient whales from millions of … Read more
- 10/12 Caves and Climate Change with Jessica Oster | Online TalkThe Santa Cruz Mountains are full of limestone caves that hold many secrets, including records of our climate past. … Read more
- 10/13 Member Meet-Up: Resource Recovery Center TourWhat happens to recyclables after we throw them “away”? Visit the recycling facility at Dimeo Lane and see with … Read more
- 10/21 Santa Cruz Kangaroo Rat Walk with Matt Sharp ChaneyNeither a kangaroo nor a rat, the rare Santa Cruz kangaroo rat (Dipodomys venustus venustus) is closely related to … Read more
- Museum of the Macabre 2023Come in costume and imbibe cauldron-concocted cocktails while exploring the chasms of the world beneath our feet. The seventh … Read more
- 11/2 Naturalist Night | Animals Underground: The Burrowing and Cave Dwelling Creatures of the Santa Cruz Mountains with Matt Sharp Chaney and Alex JonesBeneath our feet is a world of creatures seldom seen. Join local experts for this set of short presentations … Read more